Immersive Virtual Reality
Immersive Virtual Rehabilitation enables clinicians to rehabilitate upper extremities, hands, the activities of daily living (ADLs), grasping or praxias using a completely new approach.
Immersive Virtual Reality for upper extremity and hand rehabilitation
Main Benefits of Immersive Virtual Rehabilitation
Exercises for Virtual Reality Headsets
We are continuously improving and adding new functionality to our software. As a result, the number of available exercises will always increase. Below you will find examples of some of our exercises:
Coordinated Hand Mobility
Why Use Immersive Virtual Rehabilitation?
What benefits does Immersive Virtual Reality provide over traditional physiotherapy or occupational therapy?
- Sessions are more stimulating and fun, which increases patient motivation.
- Facilitates active patient participation. Without realizing it, patients get more involved in therapy and work harder.
- Offers real-time augmented feedback. The use of positive reinforcement is powerful and immediate.
- Activity simulation is safe, eliminating fear of failure or frustration.
What improvements does this software offer over commercial app for Virtual Reality headsets?
- These are videogames for rehabilitation, designed with a specific therapeutic goal in mind.
- It is possible to adjust the available levels of difficulty, personalizing each task for every patient.
- Clinicians can wathc everything the patient is doing while being able to adjust the session in real-time from their computer.
- Rehabilitation is more standardized, with controlled variables.
What do I need to start using videogames for Virtual Rehabilitation?
You need to have an Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset which offers hand tracking capabilities.
Once you have this hardware, you can download the Rehametrics VR application directly from the Oculus store and contact us to hire / activate your professional license.
You won't need anything else: no special gloves, joysticks or controllers. You won't have to disinfect, calibrate or setup any other equipment.
What scientific evidence is there for the use of Immersive Virtual Therapy?
More and more clinical studies are demonstrating how useful immersive virtual reality can be when used for therapeutic purposes.
For example, for upper extremity rehabilitation for stroke patients, for the treatment of tremors, to reduce pain, or to facilitate the stimulation and activation of mirror neurons...
Contact us if you would like us to send you some of these studies.
How do the Virtual Rehabilitation videogames work?
Clinicians choose which tasks they want to prescribe to their patients, configuring their difficulty and duration.
Once a session is designed, patients can put on the virtual reality goggles and start training.
There are exercises to train finger, hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder range of motion, that also have the gaming factor provided by videogames.
What level of control do clinicians have over the Virtual Reality App for Rehabilitation?
Thanks to the specifically designed software for immersive virtual rehabilitation from Rehametrics, clinicians will be able to see everything their patients are doing within the headset on their PC.
They will have real-time control over the tasks performed by their patients, being able to make changes to task difficulty or duration or to the type of task itself.
Which patients could benefit from using a virtual reality headset?
All those patients that can benefit from using upper extremity exercises, both in the rehabilitation of neurological patients as well as for those suffering from musculo-skeletal conditions.
As long as there are no contra-indications or a clear rejection by a patient.